Social networking sites recently spread an important announcement from the Egyptian telecom company about the exemption of landline telephone bills for some segments of society. This announcement raises many questions from citizens about these exempt categories and the procedures related to this exemption. In this article we will review these categories of beneficiaries and explain how to inquire about them.
Categories exempt from paying the land bill
Many Egyptian citizens confirmed the news about the landline phone bill exemption, and it turned out that the Egyptian telecom company had granted this exemption to the following categories:
- Seniors (60 years and older): The company grants a special benefit to people over the age of sixty, as they are exempt from paying landline telephone bills. This measure meets the needs of these individuals and eases their financial burden.
- People with special needs: The company also offers landline bill waivers to people with special needs, with the aim of providing them with financial support and easing the financial burdens they may face due to their special circumstances.
Ask about the landline bill
To make it easier for citizens to view their landline telephone bills, Telecom Egypt has provided an easy way to request and verify bills. This can be done via the following steps:
- The citizen starts by visiting the website of the Egyptian telecom company.
- After the citizen has visited the site, he clicks on ‘Inquire about the landline bill’.
- The citizen enters the code of the governorate in which he has a landline.
- He then enters his landline telephone number.
- Citizens can now click on “View Bills” to view the landline bills.
Documents required to apply via a landline
Citizens who want to use a landline telephone service must provide the following documents:
- An original and a copy of the ID showing the address where the citizen wants to install the landline. An identity card, passport or driver’s license can be used.
- Ownership or lease contract for the property where the landline is installed.
- A recent receipt for gas, water or electricity for the home.
- If the applicant is an agent for the owner or tenant of the property, they must also bring a copy of the power of attorney.
- If there was previously a landline at the location to which the line is connected, the citizen must provide a copy of the last paid bill.
- Upon completion of contract procedures, the citizen must retain a copy of the contract and submit it to the Installations Department.
Steps to apply via landline
Steps to apply for a landline through Telecom Egypt branches:
- Go to one of the Telecom Egypt (WE) branches throughout the republic.
- Request a contract for a new landline from the customer service representative.
- Complete the application for contracting a new landline and attach the required documents.
- Pay the landline contract fee, which is £20, including tax.
- Waiting for the company to approve the contract request.
- If the contract request is approved, the technician will be sent to the home where the landline is to be installed.